Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Making Progress

Welcome Back,

        After some dispute, I ended up finalizing my decision of focusing on basketball recruitment for my genius project. For my project, I plan on researching how it is possible for a student from a division 5 school to obtain a scholarship for sports in college. But more specifically for basketball. This will use my passion of basketball and my curiosity of how to get a scholarship for it. This project will help me to address the issue of how kids at smaller schools believe they have no opportunity to play a higher level of sports. At the end of the semester I will make a step by step process on how to get that scholarship. My final product will also consist of recruiting websites and training documents to make sure the person utilizing this product is good enough to play at a higher level.
I have now completed my public pitch video and I am thrilled with the result! My first attempt when great as well but unfortunately, there was an issue with the sound so I had to restart and do it in a different setting. I believe waiting to create the video at home served as an advantage because I felt more nervous to speak at school with spectators passing by as I'm trying to speak. Whereas at home, I'm by myself and have no reason to be afraid of speaking. I've attached the video below although feel free to skip over it as you can see the freeze frame is very unfortunate.


I actually don't yet have my plan completed for this project. And building off of this, I can transition into the challenges that I believe I'll be facing throughout the duration of this project. I believe one of the biggest challenges I'll face is staying caught up on the project. I believe this will be an issue because I have a lot of things to be working on for my core classes which will consume a majority of my time. With this to keep in mind, I'm afraid I won't be able to stay on track with this assignment. To make sure I'm able to, I'll need to set aside extra time in order to complete the steps for this project. This will definitely be a part of my plan. Thank you all for taking the time to come and read on my progress for this project thus far, more to come! Also, I'm sure the image below will depict my life over the next few months to do the increased work load.
Image result for staying caught up on work

No comments:

Post a Comment